Thursday, October 25, 2012

It is just as exciting!

I didn't have much time earlier when I posted about the ultrasound. 

So for weeks now I've been worried that I haven't been feeling as excited about this pregnancy as I did with Teddy.  Since I know what's normal and what's to be expected and am in general less anxious and am way busier, I'm just not thinking about it very often.  I've made some lists about what we need to buy and even browsed for some neat things to try out via Amazon.  Other than that it's waiting until/if we find out the gender.  (I am still not sure if I want to find out this time).  And of course we need to figure out living arrangements.  But really, all that can and is going to wait for awhile.  Even if we would move next week we wouldn't set up a bunch of baby stuff right away.

Doug had to stay home with Teddy today because mom couldn't watch him and it would be a hassle to have to drive him anywhere else.  Another example, totally fine with Doug missing the first two appointments (and both had ultrasounds).  Last night he was asking if I would get to take home a pic this time, if it would be a baby this time or just a yolk sac.  I said 'Yeah, don't you remember from Teddy when we went back at 8 weeks?'  Well, apparently he didn't.  And of course last time it was a total surprise how it would unfold, what it would look like, when it develops etc.  And then even Doug said "It's not as exciting this time" just because we were talking about things so matter of factly.  It made me sad.

Then during the ultrasound today it was actually really awesome to see the baby and confirm it's growing and everything's going great.  Seeing the heartbeat and it was waving it's arm a little.  I shed a few tears and told the tech that it really made me feel better because the big things are still big things.  It is just as exciting.  And you feel that love that you didn't know you could feel all over again.  I wasn't sure how I could love another one as much as Teddy it's definitely getting sorted out. 

Fingers crossed that at the next appointment they'll be able to pick up the heartbeat on the doppler.  That's early supposedly (found Teddy at 8 weeks so I had no clue that's normal until recently) but I know that's another big thing and is the best sound ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment