Thursday, October 11, 2012

My life is a mess

but I love it!!

More specifically, Teddy is a mess!!  He's just wild.  He can be really sweet too, but when he wants to move, he's got to move.  When he wants to be a stinker, he is a stinker.  He's just so determined about everything, and so curious. 

And we have definitely entered the terrible 2s.  Tantrum city over everything here.  And it's frustrating for both of us because half the time I have no clue what he's so upset about.  To me it will seem like the smallest thing.  Or I literally don't even know why he's so upset.  And unlike before, ignoring it or distracting him with something else doesn't always work.  It happens more before lunch and nap time so I'm thinking maybe I need to push his nap back some.  But I know most tantrums at this age are due to communication.  And it's so interesting because he can talk a lot, when he wants to, but when he's upset he just screams and cries.  He doesn't try to talk.  I know that's is 100% normal but I also know the best way to get past it is to encourage him to talk to me about what he's upset about, why and to validate his feelings and then explain why he can't do/have that and give him an option that he can have.  It can be nerve wracking to come up with that though when I'm trying to get something done or get out the door and there are definitely times when he doesn't want me near him/in his face when he's mad.  We do have a book about different moods and feelings and he really likes it so I think he's starting to understand that.  I'm just trying to give him the right language skills to express it.  It's got to be so confusing and hard for him!

Mostly though, he's a great kid, just is always on the go!

Oh, and I'm back to never getting pictures anymore because he's obsessed with the camera.  But he's just as cute as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment