Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Symptoms updated

So I've been having some nausea off and on for about a week or so now.  It's nothing consistent.  It ranges as to the time it hits and food aversions aren't steady either.  The other day I made 5 pounds of chicken thighs at once.  I made chicken spaghetti the first day and figured that I could use the rest over the weekend because dinner is always so hectic for us with church.  Yeah, Saturday I put one on the plate and by the time it was done in the microwave I couldn't even look at it.  Doug came home so I had him eat it...in the kitchen, out of sight.  I couldn't even go back in there to get a drink.  The next day just knowing it was sitting in the fridge grossed me out.  But other times I was fine thinking about it.  It's making cooking and shopping interesting.  Last time I remember things being more consistent.  For a few weeks I hated pretty much everything but fruits and yogurt, especially meat.  Basically I'm trying to eat when I've got an appetite and make it healthy.  Getting hungry doesn't help the nausea I've noticed and unfortunately it feels like the hunger comes out of nowhere.  I keep trying to eat high protein things and complex carbs but it's not helping as much as I'd like.  The bigger issue is that basically I need to eat something every hour or two.  I'm used to 3 smallish meals and then I do have a small snack with Teddy twice a day.  Well, apparently my snacks aren't big enough.  And I need to eat 5-6 times a day of equal size (can't eat much at "meal" times either).  Now that I think about it I think I remember reading about that last time.  It's just I'm also struggling with trying to keep things healthy with low fat options and not rely on prepared foods that have so much sodium in them.  But now it feels like so much of what I used to like is gross to me.

Again, I'm not sure this has been consistent enough that it would have convinced me to pee on a stick though!

I have a nice little bloat baby right now.  By 3 pm my belly balloons up and I look like I did when 16 weeks with Teddy.  I probably would have just chalked that up to being fat though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment