Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kicks and GD

I meant to post the other day that I've been feeling consistent real kicks for about a week now.  She is all over the place!  Much more so than I remember Teddy being until much, much later.  Especially at night.  We might be in trouble with sleep issues if she's like this on the outside. 

I passed my 3 hour glucose test!!  I brought my meter and was testing my levels after each hour draw.  I asked the tech after the one hour what the cut off point was and she said it was 139, just like it is after eating food and so would each other hour.  I got 200.  Other readings were a little better but still higher than the cut offs.  I was sure I had failed.  Then after getting home I remembered that the cut offs I was told with Teddy were much higher.  I looked it up and this is what I was told in September2010: 
           Fasting:  95...I had 89 at home
           1 hour:  180....I had 200
           2 hour:  160....I had 139
           3 hour:  140....I had 119.

I checked some web sites and they confirmed that, though someone said they might have been outdated.  I was cautiously optimistic.  I was sooooooo excited and to get the phone call yesterday that I indeed passed!!  The nurse said to check my numbers about once a week and bring them with me to my next appointment but that the OB would probably life that then.  I think I will test until about 28 weeks just to ease my own mind because I know they normally test between 24-28 weeks so I guess that's the prime time it develops.  But right now everything looks great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment