Wednesday, December 19, 2012

17 weeks

I had my OB appointment yesterday.  Baby sounded great on the doppler, forgot to ask how many beats per minute.  I have my 20 week appointment and anatomy scan scheduled for January 15!  Doug has convinced me we should find out the gender.  I almost asked them to measure my fundal height because I want confirmation that it's really high.  The second I eat my upper abs totally balloon up.  Everything is just super crammed up there.  I get full really fast, and then am hungry 10 seconds later.  They sent my urine out  for a culture as was the plan.  I started having symptoms again on Thursday while still on antibiotics.  It's getting rather annoying and old. 

On the plus side I've only gained 2 pounds.  Though I'm not eating very good at all, caving to a lot of cravings and being rushed with meals at the house AND having a certain kiddo or two always wanting to swipe my food.  I'm worried that all the weight gain will catch up to me at once any time now.  I bought a maternity tank top form Target, much better than the one I got last time from Old Navy.  Perfect for layering.  And a maternity t-shirt.  It's short sleeved but it's really long so I can layer it over my long sleeve shirts that are too short.  I'm hoping that I will get a few maternity clothes for Christmas.  I will definitely need to buy more soon because I'm already huuuuuge.  I don't know where it's coming from since I've barely gained any weight and I don't think I'm smaller any where else.  I really need to post a pic sometime.

Doug and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary yesterday as well!  We had an Applebee's gift card so we went out to lunch after my appointment and we also had a movie gift card which we've been hoarding for just the right movie and occasion and we saw The Hobbit.  I haven't read the book and I never read Lord of the Rings either but I did like the movies a good bit.  The Hobbit was even better, in my opinion.  Bilbo is by far the coolest Hobbit.  I'm not sure about ever seeing another movie in a theater again though.  It's just easier to watch them at home.  I can pause it so I can pee 15 times, lay down on the couch, control the volume etc.  Doug of course really wants to see Part 2 next year but I'm not so sure I'll go.  Another 3 hour movie and I'll only have a 6 month old so feedings could be an issue.  It was nice to not have to worry about keeping it low so we wouldn't wake up Teddy and watch it in the middle of the day instead of having to wait until 9 when we're already exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment