Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome 3rd trimester!

So here's a pic of me from Monday. And before pics of the nursery. Still working on the after parts!








So this week I started my 3rd and final trimester! Teddy is due in less than 13 weeks! That seems sooooooooo close! And finally I got my school check so we have been able to catch up on bills, we can start on the nursery etc. I expected this check to get here before us. Especially annoying is the fact that it's supposed to help with the cost of school (ie instead of a job) and it gets here at the end of week 11 out of a 16 week semester. Good things I was able to pay for my books before hand!

This week has kind of sucked besides this check. We found out that our voicemail hasn't been working and it turns out that Doug missed a call from Lowe's about a job, which is now closed, last week. We're trying to look on the positive, that it wasn't meant to be, but it would have been so nice to have that burden figured out! I also went to the wrong place and missed my appointment this week! The new birth center is opening up after labor day, which I knew, but never asked where else to go. Turns out that she was going to have to reschedule anyway since she had a birth to attend, the life of those that bring life into the world! But I was bummed because I was looking forward to meeting her again and hopefully getting a final word on my estimated due date. My next appointment is for this next Tuesday at 2 pm, I should make that one, haha!

But good news too. A friend from my church has been on bedrest for months and expecting twin girls. She successfully delivered them both, though they have different birthdays! They said that one would need heart surgery and now they're just waiting for her to gain enough weight. We still believe that gives God plenty of time for healing. Divine healing is a process unlike miracles.

At this point things don't really change too much by the week for the baby. So he's a little longer and larger than he was last week, though all of that's just estimated anyway, and he's got some more control over his eyes and can hear better etc.

Neat news: Doug was able to hear Teddy's heartbeat! I'm so jealous! I wish I could bend down there and listen, but that's pretty impossible right now.

Oh, and for everyone else who it's not quite hitting home yet that he'll be here in less than 3 months, can take a turn being pregnant for me, lol. I've started having some pelvic pressure the other day. It's spd, pelvic joint related pain due to all the changes. It's not horrible, but kind of uncomfortable when standing and walking. I'm almost waddling from it. Sadly, I'm sure it wil get worse since there's only so much space for him to go and in just a few weeks he will be putting more weight on it and be dropping.

Now that I can look down and see my big belly and feel him kick and jab all over and am getting uncomfortable, it's really hit home that I'm going to have a baby. A real baby. All mine. Well, and Doug's. Forever. A newborn. I've never been around a baby under 2 weeks! I'm really afraid that I'll break him or something. I mean, I will get to hold him when he's just a few seconds old, after his first few breaths. If he cries and is upset, I'm the mommy. There's no one to pass him off to. I'm great with kids and babies, so I know I will be fine and that with the mommy intuition it will be fine, but it's just so weird to think about!! And I think about him getting older too. What will his first words be? What about school? I want to homeschool (that's the plan right now) but what if I change my mind. Even if I don't at what age would I be ok with him going to public school, if ever. How will that affect him developmentally, socially, educationally? What real values do I want him to know? How to parent effectively- not too soft and not too harsh? What type of mother-in-law will I be? I could go on and on. It's a weird thing to be imagining both the beginning and even into the end of his life. It's like some sort of sappy life flashing before the eyes near death experience scene from a movie. Except the life I'm thinking more about isn't mine as much his. That being said, I will try to let him live his own life! Well, once he earns it and is actually an adult at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment