Friday, August 13, 2010

98 days to go!

So at 26 weeks Teddy is between 1.5 pounds and 2 and between 9.5 inches long and 14, depending on the website you look at. That's because at this point fetuses totally vary. I can tell he's getting big. I can feel him kicking down low and up high all at the same time, he's really starting to flex his muscles! Sometimes he kicks pretty hard and consistent and I have to remind him that he needs to settle down because he's not allowed out yet!

Also, according to the websites now he can hear us even better, start to open his eyes and breathe in amniotic fluid. He's practicing for life outside but hopefully not any time soon!

I am starting to get overwhelmed. I'm getting tired again and it's hard for me to remember things! I keep making to-do lists and very few things on them get completed. At this point I really think the only thing that will save me is that this semester ends September 26th, and if I don't take classes the next semester then I'll have several weeks to do all the little things to get ready for Teddy. But there's problems with that idea. I'd need to get my loans deferred until I start the next semester, which would be February. Then I'm worried that after that long of a break I will have problems adjusting. I think I'll have to try to contact the professors beforehand and see how flexible they can be with me, my ones this semester are not being flexible at all. Also, it would be better if I could graduate earlier, and of course, since I'm not working it's nice to get the financial aid money.

That's on top of still needing to get settled in this house physically and emotionally, and Doug finidng a job and getting caught up on my homework due now in addition to the final papers and exams due in the next 5 weeks. 5 weeks doesn't seem like enough time to get the work done. Even more crazy is the fact that in 5 weeks I'll be 31 weeks along!

At any rate, I guess it will all get done. I've always been stressed and busy like this, I just hoped that when it was time to start motherhood it wouldn't be this way. The craziness starts now. And next week I'll start my 3rd trimester!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing wonderfully! Things will be what they will be and work out the way they are supposed to. That doesn't mean that we have to like it or be happy about it. Things like professors and jobs, living conditions and financial aid take HUGE tolls on our lives but I know you, girl. You can do this.

    LOVE from Indiana!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete