Monday, November 12, 2012

Teddy is 2!!!


Freshly cleaned off and cuddling with mommy

One year old!
Almost 2 and cheesing for the camera.

 I'm really having a hard time believing that my little guy is 2!  He started out just a tiny thing inside me and depending on me for everything and even after he was out he needed me most of the time because he was breastfed.  And now he's so independent and prefers Daddy and Bom Bom (Grandma) to me half the time!  I savor each and every hug and kiss, every time he grabs my hand and wants to go somewhere.  Every time he calls my name, asks me a question or wants to play.  He is just the sweetest thing.

I don't brag about him too much because I don't want to put pressure on him later in life, set myself up to think that all my children will be this way or make it sound like I'm putting others down.  But really, he is soo stinking smart.  Which is mostly a good thing, but not always, haha!  He has known the whole alphabet for months, knows numbers, can count to 10 and even 20 with help.  He has whole books and songs memorized.  He can speak in 4 word sentences already.  And he has an excellent memory.  He will remember weeks later that a friend came over and will ask about them and want to see them again.  He is so determined and wants to do so much on his own, and most of the time can.  I tend to just sit back and see if he can do it on his own before interfering.  If he's struggling or seems upset I ask "Do you want help?"  With discipline I try to see what he's going to do before I say no to him.  For example, the church choir practices in the fellowship hall.  He's been obsessed with opening and closing doors for about a year now.  He will wander all over the hall and get close to the door.  For a few weeks we had some issues with him wanting to open it, or wanting to wander out when one of the other kids opened it.  But honestly, after only reprimanding him a few times now he doesn't try it anymore.  He will get close to it, just walking by but doesn't run to it and try to open it.  I like that he has confidence to walk by temptation and not cave in.  And last weekend in the church nursery he went over towards the microwave (which is at his height and he always wants to open the door, press the buttons etc.) and didn't touch it.  I had my head turned for a second but I was told that he looked at it and then me for a second and walked on.  Sooo great!!

I will have official stats tomorrow after his check up.

His birthday party was on Saturday, November 10th.  It was originally planned for Monday the 12th but Doug's work schedule got changed due to the hurricane.  Surprisingly, that actually meant less people could come.  But it worked out decently because it was crowded when we were all in one room.

He was so blessed with presents!  Grandma especially got him quite a few things including a pop up tent and the food and dishes to go with his kitchen that we bought him.  We got him a kitchen from Once Upon a Child for $20 and some Melissa and Doug puzzles.  One is modes of transportations complete with noises and the other is farm animals.  He also got clothes, lots of books, a dancing lion, a mini Thomas the train ramp, a cool flashlight, a new dump truck (made in the US of recycled products), a mini tow truck, coloring books, a chalkboard.  I know I'm forgetting a few things but the list is upstairs and I'm tired.  He's really enjoying them all.  I might put a few things away to pull out over the months because I'm cheap like that instead of buying presents year round as he gets bored with what he has.

It was supposed to be barnyard theme but Doug didn't think we should take down FIL's pictures and stuff so we could fully decorate.  So aside from the invitations and handed out toy tractors, I don't think anyone had a clue.  I served popcorn chicken.  I almost went with a Chick-fil-a tray because they're sooo good but these were very tasty (from Sharp Shopper and I splurged and deep fried instead of baking) and way cheaper.  Also served pigs in a blanket, macaroni and cheese baked in muffin tins which were perfect for tiny hands, veggie tray, fruit tray, chips and dip.  Dessert was home made cupcakes, both vanilla and chocolate with homemade buttercream vanilla frosting.  And homemade rice krispie treats.  I offered juice and milk including strawberry or chocolate flavorings for the kids but I think all of them went with juice.  I don't think anyone got a picture of the food or the desserts etc.  But we did manage to get pictures of him blowing out the candle this year versus last year so that works for me.

Inspecting his kitchen before guests arrive

Hanging out for a few minutes before we started chowing down.  All the kids loved the balloons!

Getting ready to blow!

He blew it out!  He knows candles are hot and not to touch so I thought he'd be afraid of it but he did great!

Micah agrees the cupcake is good!

Cousin Kayla liked it too!  Poor Noah is feeling left out!

Eating some ice cream to go with it.

Worked up a thirst!  Big boy knows to use 2 hands for cups now!

Love this one!  It took a couple of tries to get the post cupcake face.

Opening presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment