Thursday, June 10, 2010

17 weeks!



I'm getting so jealous of all the girls on thebump.com who can feel their babies already! I know it's entirely normal not to feel the baby yet, but gosh I wish I could. And a bunch of them already know the gender. I wish I could at least schedule an ultrasound, just a little longer though. I just told a friend that right now I just feel like a fat lady who has to pee all the time, is hungry all the time, has a back ache, and is exhausted. I think it will feel so much more real when I can feel the baby move!

It's been a hectic week. Classes were supposed to start for me on Monday but there was a paperwork snafu that we've been trying to fix all wek. No worries, homework isn't due until Sunday, so once I can log in tomorrow all should be well. The move is also really starting to settle in. We've sold some furniture. So far a loveseat, my casio keyboard, our TV and Doug's gun that he bought here is up for sale. There's plenty more things on the list. Oh, crap, I was supposed to repost them today. Hahaha, guess the pregnancy brain is starting to really set in!

I think Doug and I have found our girl name, finally. My very first post was about names. I know that would seem super early to some, but I've been obsessed with baby names since I was about 14 and Doug and I have been talking about them for nearly 7 years. In fact, tomorrow is 7 years from our first date! But we didn't talk about baby names then, lol. Anyway, the boy name has been set: Theodore Robert. And for the girl: Grace Virginia. I really love the name Grace, always have and while there were other contenders for a different name for our first girl for family reasons, we've decided to use the name we love first and work in family later. Though Virginia is a bit of a family name on Doug's side, and also works in Virginia the state. We were interested in Shenandoah for a while. And I do still like it, we were just torn on calling her that. And so we figure if we still like it the next time around then we can think about it then. The only downside to the name Grace is that it's pretty popular. I don't care too much if there are other Grace's at school with her (though I plan to homeschool for elementary school at least so that wouldn't happen). But I'll admit I'm worried about a pregnant friend who is having twin girls and is due in August. I know, it's silly and selfish. And since I don't live in VA right now and we're not close I can't just call her up and ask what names she's thinking! And a lot of people don't tell anyway. I just wish I could read her mind or something, and then I'd know if we needed to start thinking about other names again. Well, at least we're set for now, pending arrivals in August, lol.

So enough about me. What's going on with baby? He or She is around 5.9 ounces and is 5.1 inches long, roughly the size of an onion. Though another site says turnip and I like that better. Well, I don't like turnips at all, but I'd rather have my baby compared to one than an onion- which oddly I do like! Baby's bones are beginning to harden, move joints and sweat glands are developing. So, baby Bowman, move those joints and use those hardening bones and kick your Mama!

Pic of the crib bedding my Mom found at Once Upon a Child for $30 and looks brand new, and also me this morning.

3 comments:

  1. 1. YAY!!!!!
    2. Is that the crib??? SOOO cute!
    3. Did you go ahead and order it, then?
    4. Can't WAIT to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that's just the bedding. Since Mom found one with more brown in it that didn't cost $150 like the Disney one, I've decided to go back to the white one, lol. And while Graco had a matching change table, they didn't have a matching dresser and our nursery probably won't have a closet, so we'll need the extra storage space of a dresser. And it was so hard to find something in a complimentary color. I don't need everything matchy-matchy but within the same wood tone would be nice. IE: Crib is a dark walnut, and the only dressers that were dark but not black that I was finding were Cherry, which has a red tint to it. So I'm giving up and going back to white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was just the crib it was in at the Once Upon a Child Store. We probably will order things in July or August, since they take a few weeks to get there. Just budgeting everything out with the move first etc. And of course, there's the chance that we'll find some of the items at yard sales or craigslist.

    ReplyDelete