Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fancy blogs

So I've had this blog for over 2 years and I still clearly don't have enough patience to fully learn how to use it.  And they keep changing things.  I do want to spend some time on it and make it look all purtiful at some point.

I've read some blogs lately.  Some people are quite pretentious.  Their about me page should just say something about themselves but instead it's like they're trying to impart some kind of great and meaningful wisdom that only their fountain of awesomeness can spew on to me, a most needy public.  It's especially fun when it's someone you know in real life, which actually kind of explains more about them and in the end I'm not surprised by it.  Also interesting is when they make 15 blog posts on these awesome things all in one day.  And their posts are all about getting up and taking part in life.  Um, maybe don't date stamp your posts faker, because you just sat at your computer for how long telling me I'm how inadequate.  Granted, they're supposed to be encouraging, but it seems like they never mis a chance to regale us with tales of all their accomplishments even in spite of their more than you-could-possibly-understand obstacles.  Basically, very wordy put downs.  (Don't worry, no one that has followed this blog or I suspect even reads it).

So, this blog is not fancy or pretty.  It serves no greater and amazing design.  I'm not using it to catalog my profound ponderings and thoughts, to scrap book every awesome memory about Teddy.  The first seem to seldom exist these days and the latter would be too numerous for me to do anything.  I try to update when I get around to it, when there's nothing else more important going on.  I'm sure some of the things I post on here I will forget, like his check up stats, his age at a particular stage (like when he started fighting sleep).  There are others that I will remember forever.  I might not have ever experienced labor with him but I will remind him that I had to give up sugar for 3 months and that one night he nursed for 24 hours straight during his 6 week growth spurt. 

So, I'm sorry viewers.  If you need fancy put downs that are supposed to make you feel motivated, I'm not the spot.  If you need profound thoughts or realized truths, not the spot.  But if you want to know a bit more about me and the real me and Teddy too, you found your spot.  Nothing profound or outstanding, just real people living real life.  And because I can't allow that be the final sentence of this post lest it sound profound I will end it with this one instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment