Tuesday, February 14, 2012

15 months!






















Monthly Survey

1. How old is baby? He's 15 months, and 3 days. And very much a toddler now!

2. Stats:

a. Weight: 26 pounds and 12 ounces today at the office.  He weighs in at 27 at our house.  Not sure if our scale is a bit off or if it was because he kept trying to hop off the scale at the office.

b. Height: 31.5 inches.  I think he's closer to 32 and it was just hard to measure him, but close enough.
c. Clothes size: 24m/2t stuff fits.  His 18 month pants are getting a bit short, but will hopefully make it through the winter.  I'm guess he'll be in 3t next winter?  I hear growth slows so I'm not super sure, which only matters because I like to buy his clothes on sale.
d. Diaper size: In size large for cloth, 4 for disposables.

e. Hair color: it's turning more strawberry blonde.

f. Eye color: they change colors a lot. Most days look like they're leaning towards brown.
g. Anything else?
3. Milestones:
a. Teething: 12. He's working on his top molars and then it will just be canines and 2 year old molars left. The end is in sight.


b. Talking: He says tree, ball, boon (balloon), bye bye, up, down, hi, hello, that, kitty, cheese, boom, whoa and Da pretty consistently.  I've heard mama a few times, apple a few times and I think he's saying moon now too.  Tree, Da and up are his favorites.  He also signs more, all done and finally please.  Next we're going to work on thank you.

c. Rolling: almost off the changing table everysingletime.

d. Walking: Walking and running pro now!  He now wants to walk up the stairs instead of crawl so he'll hold on to our hands.  He's trying to down too, but it's not working at all because he wants to go too fast!
e. Crawling: He doesn't do it very often anymore.

f. Anything else? He's started to dance to music!  And finally figured out jumping in the crib.

4. Things he likes: To get his way! Haha!  And Dada, his new favorite.

a. Toys: Still likes non-toys. He likes that toy with the pop up things that teach the different motor skills and his toy computer.
b. Books: He doesn't want to sit still long enough to read much these days.  When he does then he likes anything with an object he knows, like a ball or balloon.

d. TV Shows: He likes the theme song to The Office and he will watch Spongebob for a few minutes. Most of the time he doesn't even notice it when we've got it on. He likes the controllers though. I've tried the WVPT shows, I've tried Veggie Tales and no interest.  I rarely have the TV on when he's awake though.

e. Other activities: He likes to wrestle, fall down and say "boom!", play with the light switch especially the pull cord lamp above his crib. Oh, and he will give hugs and kisses when asked sometimes now!  The other day I gave him our ice scraper to play with outside and he instinctively started to try it out as a shovel.  I thought that was really neat!  The other week we were playing with him before bed and asked him to bring the ball to Daddy and he followed the instruction several times.  It's amazing what he is learning!

f.  Music:  I'm adding this category because I don't like how TV is on here but not music.  I have Pandora Radio playing a lot for background noise.  We also have CDs that we like and itunes.  I do a mix of baby/toddler music, praise and worship, hymns and gospel.  His favorite song is "If you're happy and you know it."  He loves  clapping his hands.  We can just ask him "Are you happy?" and he'll clap his hands.  He's connected the emotion with the word and with the action.  We can play with him and tickle him and he'll clap his hands out of happiness.  He loves playing our old pump organ, pianos, drums and singing.  Ooh, and tabmorines.

5. Things he dislikes: puree foods and not getting his way!  He's also not a fan of the vacuum, which is one reason why I don't use it enough.  He has this toy that my sister-in-law gave him, I think it was used by her kids that are now grown.  It sat in his room for a few weeks before we put batteries in it.  Finally one day he seemed to really notice it and wanted to play with it, still without batteries.  A few days later Doug finally put batteries in it and it makes a certain noise that Teddy does not like at all.  He will press it and run away.  He'll play with it either off or while literally holding on to us still.  What a fraidy cat!  I think it's just because he got used to it not making noise and lighting up and now it does.  We probably confused him, poor thing!
6. Sleeping: Down to one nap a day for 2-2.5 hours and sleeping through the nights for several weeks straight until Saturday.  One of his top molars is really coming through and giving him an awful time.

7. Eating: Not as picky as before.  There are just certain things that I guess he's not in the mood for but doesn't know how to communicate it.  One day he'll barely touch a type of food, the next day he's all over it.  He has a healthy appetite generally. 
8. Nicknames: Teddy, Teddy Bear, Chunky, Chunky Monkey, Chunk a Monk, Chunkers, Smiley, Wiggle worm, Silly, Son, The Boy, Honey, Sweetie, Sweetie Pie, Angel, Lovey, Stinky Butt, Fussy Pants, Fussbucket.  I've been calling him Buddy and Bud a bit more now.

9. Things we’re looking forward to next month: hopefully going on a little trip to visit family in VA Beach and maybe NOVA.

10. How I like motherhood:
a. Likes: I love seeing him learn and how engaged he can be in everything.

b. Dislikes:  I hate seeing him in pain.  I hate feeling inadequate sometimes.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that before or not.  But it's difficult feeling like you need to come up with an answer immediately and you have no clue.  Or just times when maybe you need a slower and quiet day and he wants  to run around non-stop.  I hate those days.  I generally long for bed time all day and then once he's asleep I feel guilty because I think I didn't take enough time to enjoy him or spend time with him, especially when I have to run a bunch of errands.  Or times when I am legitimately sick and I can't take care of him and me.  I'm so glad I've got the wonderful support of my husband and mother for those times!!  But there are always enough opportunities to try again and succeed which also makes me feel very adequate and at times, indispensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment