Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2 months old

Do you hear that?  Yeah, me too.  The sound of a sleeping baby.  For over an hour now!

So for the last few weeks I've had one fussy baby on my hands!  He was spitting up a lot and not napping well.  He'd wake up after a few minutes of sleep, wouldn't let me put him down and/or wake at the slightest sound.  I had to have lights off, noisemaker on high.  He had all the symptoms of acid reflux and I was getting really worried.  But then I read on a website that babies with reflux can end up with foremilk/hindmilk inbalance and to not change sides so frequently.  He was still eating every 1.5 hours even after his growth spurt "ended."  After taking that advice things are so much better!  Almost immediately.  He was getting too much lactose that was in the foremilk and not enough of the fat from the hindmilk.  So he'd be temporarily full off the foremilk but then hungry again quickly, but never really get it.  In the meantime the high lactose wouldn't sit well in his stomach and he'd be gassy and need to spit up and even vomit a lot.  Now Teddy only eats every 3 hours, and sleeps 5 hours straight at night.  He's much better at burping, spitting up less, no vomit, and I rarely need to use the gas drops now (it had been after every feeding for about 2 weeks).  The only downside is that it took a while for my supply to even out.  But as of right now, he's been asleep for almost 2 hours, in his swing for over an hour and half, lights on, tv on and I finally can get some things done!  Hallelujah!!!!

We had his 2 month appointment yesterday.  He weighed in at 13 pounds and was 24 1/2 inches long.  Upper 95% for both measurements.  He's a big chunker!!  I'm doing an alternate vaccination schedule so he got the oral Rotavirus and the DTaP shot. 

Here's a pic from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment